Intellectual Property (IP) can present a number of issues for small business owners, especially if you don’t know what to look out for. This interactive session will focus on commercial IP issues that you are likely to come across in the day-to-day running of your business, will include a number of real-life scenarios to demonstrate common IP issues faced by business owners and provide you with an opportunity to ask questions and share experiences.
This workshop is for people who are ready to launch a business or new product to market or are business owners interested in gaining more knowledge and clarification of IP.
This workshop covers:
- What IP is and why it’s important
- Using trade marks to protect your business and product names
- Securing your IP
- Managing business agreements that include IP
- IP strategy and management, including how to make the most of your IP.
This session is facilitated by Guy Provan a legal professional with more than 30 years of experience in intellectual property and has been consistently ranked in the Doyles Guide as “pre-eminent”, the highest ranking available, in the field of intellectual property in Western Australia. Guy’s areas of practice include:
- Intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution
- Commercial agreements relating to intellectual property and its commercialisation
- IT and other technology agreements
- General advice on intellectual property and its exploitation.
BYOM Pty Ltd is a facilitator of workshops provided by the Small Business Development Corporation and subsidised by the Government of Western Australia. For free advice and guidance on starting and growing your business, and details of all their workshops visit smallbusiness.wa.gov.au
Registrations are open to small business owners in Western Australia only and limited to two places per booking, however you are able to make more than one booking. To register for larger groups, please call SBDC on 133 140.
>> BOOK NOW
<< BACK TO ALL WORKSHOPS & EVENTS