A Mindset Shift – Vicki’s Triathlon Journey
Our Co-Director, Vicki Main’s personal goal in 2021 was to complete her first triathlon. And at only halfway through the year, she has already completed not one, but two triathlons! An amazing effort Vicki, what an incredible start to the year! Here’s a bit more about Vicki’s triathlon story and her shift in mindset along the way.
1. To inspire others to step out of their comfort zone and challenge their mindset
2. To keep herself personally accountable for her fitness goals
According to Vicki, her weakest discipline was the freestyle component. So, she jumped in the pool and started to practice…. building confidence one move at a time. She also got herself a training buddy which was the key to keeping her motivated.
Vicki and her training buddy, Jo Saunders (also a fellow EMP practitioner), completed their first triathlon together earlier in the year, with the swim component being in a lake. Then it was onto the next one – where the swim took place in the ocean… Shark territory…“Were we scared? Absolutely. Did it stop us? No. Quitting wasn’t an option” ,Vicki said. Vicki & Jo faced their fears head-on and pushed through the fear to achieve their goal.
1. Don’t procrastinate – “The biggest lesson I’ve taken from this experience is to stop procrastinating and making excuses. I got out of my own way and it turned out to be the best decision ever”.
What decision have you been procrastinating about? Be more thunderbolt…
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
2. Be afraid, but do it anyway. Don’t let fear hold you back. Quitting isn’t an option.
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop
and look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do”.
3. Keep sticking to your goals – the next Triathlon is in October – 3 in a year isn’t bad!
What could you do if you faced your fears? What’s really holding you back?
Having the right mindset is key to achieving your goals. If you need some help getting your mindset on the right track, get in contact with us, we’d love to help.